Sunday, November 21, 2010

It's GREAT to be 28.

My Mother-in-law sent me this Cake Pops book for my B-Day. It is written by the woman who creates the bakerella.com blog.  I tried out the cake balls and they were very very sweet and yummy.  I had to give some away to friends so that I wouldn't eat all of them myself. 
Bond surprised me in the morning with some of my favorite things.  If you haven't tried Izze's yet (the beverage below) you need to.  They are made with 3/4 fruit juice and 1/4 sparkling water...a much healthier alternative to soda (although I don't think I can convincingly talk about "health products" in the same post as cake pops).  My sister introduced me to them at the beach this summer and I am hooked.
 I topped the cake balls with Cherry Cordial Flavored M&M's.  I think they are a Christmas only flavor. I don't like cherry cordials, but these were good.



Dani, doesn't this picture of bear remind you almost exactly of my face in our 80's day picture from HS?

2 comments:

Shalantie said...

haha... I thought I was the only one around here to discover bakerellas cake pops! I spent a couple hours on her blog a few weeks ago and I was planning to make some for Olivias first birthday.... That's so funny that you got the recipe book. I bet it's full of fun stuff!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Glad to hear you had a lovely day. Love Izzys as well.