Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving

We enjoyed a small, quiet, relaxing, and delicious Thanksgiving.  The weather was beautiful outside, so the boys lived it up outside with Daddy and the leaves.

I think Thanksgiving is quickly becoming one of my favorite Holidays: family and good food. We had a dairy and chocolate free meal (because of allergies and nursing), which ended up being really good.  I made sweet potato casserole, rolls, and pumpkin pie using almond milk and coconut oil as dairy substitutes.  The pie wasn't as creamy as usual but the other two tasted totally normal.  My dad was in charge of the turkey and my mom made homemade cranberry sauce and her traditional stuffing.  Bondy made mashed potatoes with olive oil instead of butter and milk.....what a sweetie, he would have majorly preferred them the other way.
Belle sitting on the sidelines during dinner, well at least until I had my food dished up.....then she was ready to be held again. But that's okay, we'll take all the snuggles we can get. 
After dinner stories.
The day after, we decorated for Christmas.  Bug gets so into holiday decorating.  He is a pretty intense kid and gets very serious and down to business.  He got the stool all by himself and went to work.  I love that he enjoys stuff like this. 
Bear is our tender, care free kid. His commentary while he "set-up" the nativity scenes went something like this:
"Oh, baby Jesus, do you want to sleep here?"  Soon followed by one of the people or animals saying, "Mary, do you want to wrestle?"  To which Mary replied, "Yeah!"....wrestling sounds begin. 
I struggled to contain my laughter, I love the innocence of a two year old.
Here, Bug is making Belle dance in her boppy to our Christmas music. 
Hope your Turkey Day was spent with those you love.  We will be glad when we get to be with even more family at Christmas!

No comments: