Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Reading!

The teacher in me has been anxiously awaiting the day when Bug would begin reading, and last week that day hit!  Since about the time he was about 18 months old I began teaching him letters, then letter sounds, and then writing letters.  For the past few months I really felt like he was close and then something just clicked in his brain.  He can now read pretty much any three letter words I write for him.  It is really amazing watching him and although I don't feel like I can take the credit, it gives me that much more confidence that I can homeschool him and honestly, I don't want to miss being a part of it.
 

3 comments:

Dani said...

First of all, you are such an amazing teacher. You have taught me millions of things. You are just so good at explaining things so others can understand and so that they can feel confident in their ability to do them. Second of all, yes Bug is a genius. Let's admit it. He's a genius. You guys make an amazing team!! Good job little buddy! Caleb wants to be like you!

Anonymous said...

You'll have to give me some ideas about introducing letters and such, I've been thinking about trying to start some more "structured" educational type things with Blake but I'm not sure where to begin! Are you going to homeschool your boys?

Kori said...

Hey there! I had to smile when you mentioned not taking the credit. When I say I taught my children to read, I really feel like I was more of a guide...and their brilliant little minds grabbed hold of the idea and took off!