Monday, January 21, 2013

Vancouver

For the first time in five and a half years, I was completely kid free for FIVE days.  My sister and I met up in Seattle and then drove, with her littlest one, to Vancouver to visit my brother and his wife.
It was wonderful to spend time with my siblings.  We all live so far apart, that occasions like this are way too rare.  I loved every minute of being in their company. 
We got to visit with my Grandad (94), which was really nice.
  Vancouver is breathtaking.  My bro and his wife are avid hikers and took us to one of their favorite spots......beautiful!
 
 
 We also met up with my cousin, two of her girls, and my aunt and uncle for a walk at the harbor.  
Later that night we walked and shopped in Chinatown and then my uncle treated us to our traditional vegetarian Chinese restaurant.
(My sister, cousin, sis-in-law, bro, and me).
 They have two of the most well behaved and non-stinkiest dogs I have ever met.  I could pet them generously and then have no smell at all on my hands. They feed them a raw diet (veggies and raw meat, like whole fish and chicken carcasses) and don't have to bathe them.  I am sold on it.
 
 My niece, who hardly made an unhappy peep the whole trip. Adorable.
My sister, Uncle, and my cousin's little girl.

 
 
 
 
 Before we headed back to Seattle, we ate at a vegetarian restaurant that serves some dang good Mexican food.  I had to take pictures of their plants hanging in the windows because I thought it was such a genius idea.  My friend and I tried to grow basil in mason jars and they died after a couple of weeks.  I think they lacked sunlight, and this seems like the perfect solution.
 
 What a perfectly relaxing and rejuvenating trip.  Miss you all, already!

1 comment:

Jenny & Tanner said...

That looks like it was so much fun. I'm sure it was a well deserved break! Hope you guys are doing great!